TERMS OF OUR SERVICE
Our online Reservation and payment system is subject to Terms and Conditions herein. Any customer who purchases a ticket from this system is assumed to have read and understood the terms and conditions mentioned. If you do not agree with these terms, you must not use our Reservation system. We provide this service on behalf of the passenger.
- To reserve your tickets your passport number and full name as in passport is necessary.
- One customer can buy maximum of 5 Train Tickets only.
- To collect your tickets you must provide you’re ID (passport number which is used to reserve the train tickets) at the counter at arrival airport.
- We only accept train tickets reservations online.
- Seats can only be reserved for the following classes: observation, 1st, 2nd and 3rd and sleeper.
- Reservation can only be accepted and arranged 32 days before departure date of the train.
- A valid phone number and e-mail address is required to secure your reservation.
- For last minute train bookings, please contact us directly.
If we cannot reserve seats on the requested class (example 1st class or 2nd class), we will try to reserve seats on the next available class (2nd class or 3rd class).
If we cannot reserve any seats on the requested train number we will try to reserve seats on the next available train during the same daypart on the requested date.
During high season in Sri Lanka, December till March & July until September, tickets are sold out within minutes. If we are not able to reserve any seats in any train of the required date and daypart you will get a refund. Read more about refunds on chapter Cancellations/Refund and Changes
We are not responsible for providing incorrect passport numbers, names and email addresses. If you do not receive train tickets by supplying incorrect information, we give no refund on that. Please check your invoice on correct details.
- A valid credit/debit card (Visa, American Express, and MasterCard) must be used at reservation time.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient funds in your nominated credit card to allow payment of the bookings selected by you through the Online booking service when the debit is made.
We take all reasonable measures to ensure that the times and fares quoted on our Reservation System are correct. However, despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee that all of the information on our Reservation System (including times and fares) is correct, as our source data is provided from a third party rail information provider. Where we become aware of an error, we will take reasonable measures to rectify it. If you have purchased tickets which are subject to an error, we will refund these in full. When we have confirmed your booking by email to your registered email address, we will fulfil your tickets to you using the fulfilment method.
Payment authorization is done by an external process and Tourmaster Travel Services is not responsible for using credit/debit cards that are not valid, or for their misuse. In case your online payment was not confirmed, you should address to the issuing bank of your credit/debit card.
Once reservation is confirmed, the tickets are non-refundable, cancelled or changed. Tourmaster Travel Services can’t refund or cancel your tickets once the reservation is completed (We are only third party reservation company and do not play any role of managing or operating the railway) therefore you must request your refund direct with Sri Lankan Railway).
- No refund will be given by providing the incorrect data.
- Reservation changes between Observation, 1st to 2nd class will be refunded, changes between 2nd and 3rd class, will not be refunded.
- In case of a refund an administration charge of USD $ 3, will be deducted.
- If we cannot make any reservation, you will get a refund and USD $ 3, will be deducted.
You must obtain appropriate Travel Insurance prior to travel, Tourmaster Travel Services do not provide any insurance for your loss during, or any liability prior, or after train journey.
Sri Lankan Railway have ratified rights to decline to passengers under the influence of alcohol or other drugs and also if caught up in a life threatening situation. Sri Lankan Railway have given the complete authority to get legal support when in need.
- Sri Lankan Railway has full authority to charge penalty from you/all the members, if you are unable to provide your ticket and ID (your passport) to ticket checkers in during the travel or inside the train station any time.
- Tickets are non-transferable and you must ensure that no one else is able to obtain and/or print a copy of your ticket.
- Passengers will be charged additionally if any damage caused during travel time.
- We do not take any responsibility of your lost luggage. It is your responsibility to check them before and after the journey.
- Make sure to board 15 to 30 minutes early to a train's departure.
- Smoking and alcoholic drinks are not allowed in trains.
- Sri Lankan Railway can refuse to transport clients under the influence of alcohol or drugs or considered to be a risk to other passengers.
- Penalty chargers and damage chargers are according to Sri Lankan Railway terms and conditions.
- Travel insurance is recommended and is not covered under this operation.
Train schedules and fares are subject to change without prior notice. Fares and departure times will be confirmed upon purchase confirmation.
All times shown are local time.
All prices are in American Dollars (USD), and must be paid in American Dollars (USD).
The prices quoted on this Reservation Service are in American Dollars. If you choose to pay for your ticket using a foreign credit or debit card, you will be responsible for the exchange rate and you are advised that changes to your ticket or refunds may be affected by such exchange rate.